Saturday, July 19, 2008

Am I Going Bats?

My friend Kat called me today and said we should hang out, since we hadn't seen each other in months. She asked me if I wanted to see the Dark Knight. I said yes.

I know what you're thinking: Matt, you're crazy. It's true, I've seen The Dark Knight once per day since it's release. Hell, I'd see it again tomorrow. I'm three-for-three so far, why not make it four? I love the movie. I absolutely love it. It's dark and pensive and non-stop. In terms of movies based on comic books, it is unlike anything I've ever seen. In terms of regular movies, it's paced brilliantly and barely lets you blink between sequences. It fires on all cylinders and hasn't bored me for an instant.

Don't let this baby pass you by. It's eloquently scripted and masterfully shot. I can't say more without babbling right now. Maybe more tomorrow.

No comments: